Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blood Donation

Just back from blood donation today, it was my first time anyway.. And.. I can't believe that I had fainted after I walked out from the hall.. @.@

The process starts with this : First, they will measure your weight once u walk in to the college hall, the minimum requirement is >45kg. It's definitely that I will pass the first stage, my weight is 50kg.. >.<" ( fat jor lo.. ) After that, they will give you a set of form to fill in your personal details. And, the funniest question I have saw in the paper was this :

You should NEVER GIVE BLOOD IF :
  • you and your partner are HIV positive
  • you are a man who has had sex with another man
  • you have multiple sex partners
  • you have ever worked as a prostitute
  • you have ever injected yourself, even once, with drugs
  • you have had sex with prostitute
conclusion : those have sex before is totally eliminate, including your parents. >.<"

After that, there will have 4 counter for you to check up your blood type. Thus, what they will do is using a clip shape needle just to suck your blood out ( not actually suck, but something like hurt your finger just to let your blood bleed out ) And it was frigging pain!!! @.@ Just saw her using a " pen sucker " to test my blood on the experiment plate ( something transparent.. ) And, finally I get to know what's my blood type.. It's O, A good blood for others but not for me.. >.<"

After the bleeding section, its time to see the doctor to check your blood pressure. And the doctor was asking me a lot of question like " have you eat your lunch? ", " what time u slept and woke up?" and " DO YOU HAVE SEX BEFORE?? " Guess what I had answered...

I answered " I'm still virgin.. XD "

( Izzit proud that I'm still virgin in 18 years old?? >.<" seems like no guy want me.. sweat)

Finally, Is time for you to received your blood pack in the counter and get ready for "DONATE". Once you lie on the bed, the nurse will starts setting up. You need to hold a plastic role to pump your blood out during the process. Next, they will use a alcohol cloth to kills bacteria on the area for injection. And actually the most pain one is just the injection of Anaesthetic, luckily it just takes few seconds.. Lastly, just wait for the blood fill up the blood pack and you need to rest for 15 minutes after donation.

Basically, the whole process will just takes you roughly half an hour. They will provide you free foods and drinks after the donation process.

notes : My friend - 55 kg, she donated 350 ml of blood. Me - 50kg, but I donated 400ml of blood.. @.@ No wonder she feels nth after that... but me.. PENGSAN jor.. >.<" Maybe is because I'm too tired this several weeks.. too much stress.. haiz...

No comments: